Weekend Girls Trip to Charleston, South Carolina: Part 1 Itinerary

For years I had dreamed of visiting Charleston. I've always loved everything about the south– food, weather, greenery, architecture, hospitality. Everything about it screamed dream vacation to me.

On my 24th birthday I recruited my best travel buddy and long time friend, Jamie, to make my birthday in April a long weekend girls trip. Bless her sweet soul, she had the patience and willingness to go along with whatever silly itinerary I had dreamed up.

Our Airbnb: I would call this a glamorous shed. It was $80-something a night and it was so clean and cozy. We knew we weren't hanging around in it all day and night and didn't need much room or many amenities, however I would not recommend the location. It was a pretty far walk from everything downtown to where we still needed the rental car most of the time and we were so close to so many dilapidated houses and noisy construction.

  • The Mills House Hotel: When I travel, I try to plan at least one nice dinner. It's fun to get dressed up and eat a really amazing, well prepared meal at least one time on the trip. Before dinner, we headed here. The original plan was to grab cocktails at the Best Friends Lounge, however it was closed at the time but we settled in at the bar area near the lobby which was just as beautiful.
  • Blossom: A short walk over from the Mills House Hotel. Staff was incredible, atmosphere was beautiful and it was located near so many other fun shops and cafes. First time trying collard greens = success!
    • Our dinner was phenomenal and I was cracking up when they brought over a raspberry sorbet with a candle. I kept thinking Jamie had somehow told the waiter it was my birthday, then I soon remembered I was the one that added in what we were celebrating when I made the reservation on Open Table. So, thanks, me!
  • The French Quarter is filled with places to explore: Shopping, White Point Garden, the famous Pineapple Fountain at Waterfront Park.
  • On our list but didn't get to: Twenty Six Divine for afternoon tea (how cute is this place!?)