Olive + Gold | Taking Chances



Happy Wednesday!

A few weeks back I was feeling pretty down in the dumps. I like to think that I'm a very easy going person for the most part and try to find a silver lining and be grateful for every day + opportunity that comes my way. For a few months I started realizing how unhappy I was with my living situation, work and life balance + realizing all my friends were living in different areas of the state and even country. It's a lot to process once adult life finally hits you but if you're feeling like you've been chugging along for weeks on end, waiting for the day to come when you're going to be able to live a life different than what you have now, you need to take the first step.

Whatever it may be, a new job, a new hobby, moving out, ending or beginning a relationship, do it for yourself. It's so easy to give and give yourself until you're spread too thin. Don't lose sight of your career goals, travel ambitions, relationships you want to make or improve. I hope this tiny, simple quote brings you joy and gets you out of the dirt, wherever that may be.



Today I'm sharing this super simple yet stately date night outfit with a few of my favorite pieces for summer.




I love that H&M's basics last for years.. I purchased this top almost 4 or 5 years ago and it has been a closet staple for me. They always carry very similar cuts and styles.

I finally sucked up and bought some real almost-adult shorts (haha!) I have been in denial for years that I need longer shorts but I finally gave up and bought these super comfy midi shorts from American Eagle. I also own these white (from my previous post here).




This gorgeous BaubleBar necklace has been my favorite piece of jewelry all summer long. I love the boho style and pairing it with long, v-neck type shirts or off the shoulder tops.




These Steve Madden sandals aren't on DSW's website anymore but I was able to find them on Macy's! They are super practical for date nights when you want to be dressed up but still comfortable walking around. Funny story: I had been wearing these incorrectly for MONTHS until I was facetiming my friend Julia and we found out the bow should be in the back.. oops!